Join us Sunday to discuss how to move forward with momentum from the March for Rights, Respect and Fair Food! We’ll be planning out future Wendy’s actions, art-making parties and even a trip to New York!
Details: Sunday, April 28th at 8pm @155 U Street NW. RSVP on Facebook!
And in case you need some more inspiration…
Missed the meeting? Here are the notes!
Meeting Notes – April 28, 2013
Planning for May 18th Wendy’s shareholder action in NYC
- There will be a day-long summit in NYC on May 17-18th in anticipation of the Wendy’s shareholder meeting on May 23rd; SFA wants allies to join!
- DC Fair Food can contribute leftover art from RFC action in Baltimore; we can also make more next meeting
- We got lots of art from the RFC action in Baltimore — will bring to NYC, and potentially make more next weekend during meeting
- Intention would be to bring folks who haven’t joined Encuentro, etc. in the past, so would love to bring new folks in this way
- Cassidy/Amanda potentially leading a workshop
- Tentative plan: head up Friday night/Saturday morning by bus. Who has a car??
- Who can come (as of now)? Jon, Melissa, Benjamin, Cassidy, Samuel (?)
- Meeting next Sunday to check-in on transportation, etc. @ 7pm — Amanda’s house
UN Delegation to Immokalee
- This Wednesday, UN is holding a press conference with preliminary findings from a trip to Immokalee and elsewhere
- Melissa, Benjamin, others (?) are potentially planning to attend — Jon will follow up with Citlalic/Claudia on what the CIW’s ask on this might be